Tuesday 18 March 2014

Showcasing my talent



My name is Cheryline Lawson and I am a writer and self-published author of several books and a wide range of online content. I have an innate passion for reading and writing. My main focus is on bringing valuable information to people who are searching for it. I currently reside in Florida with my husband of almost 29 years and two sons; aged 24 and 19. I hold a Bachelor’s degree in Communications from the University of Miami. When I am not writing or reading a good book, I like to volunteer at her local church soup kitchen and goes on travel adventures with her family.

I love to write…period. This is my life and something I get up in the mornings and look forward to. I wrote my books to inspire, encourage and motivate others and to give hope. I published my books to get the word out that – life happens and people should be inspired about their experience; whether it is good or bad. Everything happens for a reason and you can turn what seems bad into something good that will help others.

I wrote and published my first book in 2011 when I received a book I had ghostwritten for a client and didn’t see my name on it. I, then, knew that if I could do it for a client, I could do it for myself. There was no excuse. Of course, it took me a while to finish, but once I had the first book ‘under my belt,’ the other seven books were easier.

My first book, “For the Wounded Soul,” is very special to me. In fact, so much so, that I got the title tattooed on my ankle. It was such a painful experience because the ankle is such a delicate area of the body, but it exemplified the title of the book and the pain was worth it.

The Editorial Review of the book at http://tinyurl.com/woundedsoul
The book, 'For The Wounded Soul,' was released on October 26, 2011. This 352 page book contains several compelling and gripping true stories of individuals who have experienced abuse, domestic violence, addiction, rape, prostitution, infidelity, death of a loved one, serving time in prison, alcoholism, adoption and more. Every page in this book makes you want to turn the next page. You won't be able to put it down.

The author connects the dots by cleverly inserting her life story to make it more interesting and more life-like. You will feel her pain, sympathize with her and the others mentioned in the stories and finally realize at the end that we all are truly connected in more ways than we think. This is a MUST HAVE, book for your library.

The author tries to exemplify that what you go through may serve to empower you; if you look for the good in it and to always remember that you are never alone. Others go through similar things and still come out victorious and you can too! This book is enlightening, truly powerful, motivating, encouraging, and dynamic and an absolutely exceptional read.

My latest book - The Man in The Shadows - http://tinyurl.com/ManinShadows
Sarah and Emily are sisters. Regina is their cousin. The girls spend their summer vacations with their grandparents every year. As the girls grew older, strange things began to happen with their grandfather and Grandma Rose felt helpless. 

Days and nights, the girls had to play hide and go seek to escape their grandfather's grip. Sarah, the older one, got to experience his violent behavior one night when he went on his prowl, but so did Regina and Emily in other seductive ways. Read how the girls handled it after being recalled in their later years to face their grandfather on his dying bed about the truth. This novel is packed with suspense, moments of terror and a silence that no one wanted to break.

The story starts out with Regina and what her current life was like ---until the day when she got that letter. Sarah, a well-established attorney received her letter and was taken aback since she had purposefully changed her name to distance herself from the whole ordeal and family connection. Emily, the youngest one, got her letter and was ready to go to Georgia right away to face the man she knew as her grandfather. The plot thickens as other gruesome details were unfolded in the quest to divulge the truth. You have to read this book and see how child abuse can affect so many people - even the ones who keep it silent for years.

Writing these books is not just about making money for me. It is much more than that. It is about reaching people who will get something out of reading my books. Of course, I would love to be compensated for my efforts since this is my only livelihood, but even if I don’t get paid, I will still do this and that is the honest truth. 

You can support me by going to Amazon to see a list of which books you would like to purchase. Even if you don’t read my books, please bless someone with it. I need to spread hope and I need your help to do it! Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment