Tuesday 15 April 2014

When Your Writing Mind Wanders – Creative Writing Prompts

If you are a writer like me or you are attempting a writing project, what happens when your mind wanders or you have writer’s block? What do you do? Well, you can give yourself creative writing prompts, even if it is just to get started. Of course, you could start with your lexicon by flipping the pages or writing down words that you see. You could write a letter to your child abuse offender or you could write a letter to the 40 year old child abuse survivor that you want to be.

The Letter From The 8 Year Old Child Within

It could probably begin like this:
I was only eight years old when you molested me and yet at age 32, I am still reliving the experience almost every day. I remember the barn outside and the chair that you put me to sit on as you vehemently tore off my clothes. The chair legs were a little shaky and I had to hold on so I wouldn’t fall off. I heard the owls outside so I knew it was late when you took me from my bed and carried me over the meadows. No one heard you because they were all asleep. I panicked that night because I was really so afraid and called out your name to stop, but I saw that wild look in your eyes and knew that my screams were futile. Your heavy breathing still haunts me and I cringe once more at the thought of it. I never could figure out what your thoughts were to want to seduce a little girl who you called your niece. I still haven’t told mom. Your doting sister would probably not believe me anyway as you so confidently told me that night and I believed you. For all these years, I hung on to the words that were shouted menacingly in the dark at me, “If you tell anyone, I will kill you.”

The Creativity
Do you see how creative this can become? I could do a lot with this story now. Of course, you probably wouldn’t write about such tough and difficult topic. At least, most people don’t want to, but did you know that child sexual abuse is still rampant in our society? And did you know that even if you turn a blind eye, you will be a part of the problem and not the solution? Yes, while you might not think so, it is true.

My Responsibility
As a writer, I have a responsibility or at least have taken on the responsibility to tell the stories, even if I have to create the characters, but my personal story was not make belief because it happened to me in real life, but for that 8 year old little girl who may still be going through this terrible experience, will you help me to spread the word against child sexual abuse? I am depending on you. You don’t have to be a writer. I will take care of that part for you. All I ask is that you spread the word. I have written a story that you might love to read, “The Man in The Shadows: He Touched Me Where It Hurt.”

If you loved the short paragraphs above, then you will appreciate this book. I want you to tell others about it and my hope is that it will get in the hands of the right people. I am also running a book special. Buy this book and I will give you a free coupon for downloading my 353 page audio book titled “For The Wounded Soul,” which is quite similar. It can be found on Audible.com. Proof of purchase will be required.

Act Right Now
So recapping, if you purchase “The Man in The Shadows: He Touched Me Where It Hurt,” I will give you a download code to get my other book, “For The Wounded Soul,” for FREE! What are you waiting for        ! Get “The Man in The Shadows: He Touched Me Where It Hurt.”  Email me at octane360@gmail.com your proof of purchase and I will provide the download code for the audio book. And tell your friends about it too! Thank you.



No comments:

Post a Comment